This section answers some of the most common questions we receive by email. If you still have questions after reading these Q&As, please contact Team Support. Return to Home Page
Why is GoGuides so popular?
- Created in 2001, GoGuides Directory has stood the test of time. With our excellent customer support, we have gained the trust and respect of users from around the world. Our staff strives to meet the expectations of every user by continuing to build a content rich directory and working to ensure an excellent personal experience for all who visit our community.
What is the recycle box that appears to the left of each website url?
- If you find a listing that needs edited or removed from the topic please use our recycle service. Simply click the recycle box image beside the url to have that listing recycled. Staff will review the listing.
What are the little people images?
- This is a ranking system used by reviewing editors to assign a rank to each website. Rankings are a judgment call and subjective in opinion; therefore, there is no right or wrong ranking. Each ranking is determined based on the overall look and feel of the website, total/unique content, and ease of navigation. A ranking of three little people to the right of the description is the highest ranking any website can receive.
How does a ranking affect a listing in the topic?
- Websites with a "three people" ranking will appear first in the topic in alphabetical order by title. Websites with a "two people" ranking will appear second in alphabetical order by title. Websites with a "one person" ranking will appear third in alphabetical order by title. Websites with no ranking will appear last in the topic in alphabetical order by title.
Is a listing with a ranking of three better than all the other listings with lower rankings.
- No, because we only list quality websites. Just because a website has a lower ranking does not mean it is of lower quality. A higher ranking is simply our way of complimenting a website that is well done and loaded with content. This also brings richer content websites to the top of the topics, making it easier for end users to find information. If you would like your website ranking increased, please consider adding more content, making it more user friendly, and keeping it easy to navigate.
Will a ranking affect search results?
- No. Our search tool utilizes a combination of keywords found in the description and keywords that were included during the submission process.
Some listings have no ranking. Why?
- These listings have not been reviewed for a ranking yet.
Can I request a ranking for a listing or request a change in a sites ranking?
- If you find a listing with no ranking and want it immediately prioritized to rank higher in the topic, please use our recycle service. You should note in the comment field that you are requesting a ranking review. If you are requesting a change in the website ranking for a particular listing, please include why you think the ranking should be increased or decreased.
Does it cost anything to request a change in a websites ranking?
- No. Our recycle service is completely free. This service encourages both editors and the public to participate in the quality control of topics in our directory. This service empowers everyone by providing editors and users alike with the ability to increase the quality of GoGuides topics.
How do I report spam in a topic?
- Use the recycle service and in the comment field clearly state why you think the listing is spam. We suggest you read over our submission guidelines before processing the request. Properly identifying the violation will result in faster removal of the listing.
How does GoGuides handle reports of spam?
- We check emails daily; however, the fastest and safest way to report spam is by using the recycle service. Emails can get lost in transit across the Internet, but the recycle service uses in-house scripts that ensure delivery of your request. Recycle requests are reviewed daily by the staff.
What is the difference between Express Submit and Easy Submit?
- The Easy Submit option is 100% refundable if declined and is processed in 24 hours. Express Submit is nonrefundable and requires the submitter to read our inclusion guidelines and properly submit the website to the correct topic. Express submissions are processed in two business days.
What is the best way to contact you?
- The best way to contact us concerning a listing is to use the recycle service. Simply click the recycle box icon located beside the website title. General questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mail partnership offers to GoGuides, LLC., PO Box 2733, Middlesboro, KY 40965. If you need immediate assistance, please contact use at email@example.com.
How long will a website remain in GoGuides?
- Websites are listed for life. We will not remove a listing unless it violates our continued inclusion policy.
How is GoGuides affiliated with the search engines?
- We have no direct affiliation with any search engine. We simply work hard to maintain the highest quality directory possible and allow search engines to access and use our content under GOGUIDES FEE-BASED CRAWLING/INDEXING TERMS of SERVICE policy.
Can I advertise in GoGuides?
- GoGuides does not offer any type of paid advertisement in the directory. This allows our listing better exposure in the topics and makes for a more users friendly browsing experience for our users.
Are nofollow tags added to listings in GoGuides?
- GoGuides staff reserves the right to add a nofollow tag to a listing when deemed necessary.
Can I become an editor at GoGuides?
I submitted a website, but I think it belongs in a different topic. What should I do?
- Please use our recycle service to request a change in the topic; however, if we feel your listing is in the most relevant topic based on content verses topic placement, we will not move it.
I want my website added to a topic with PageRank.
- We place websites in topics based on content and relevancy to the topic, not the PageRank value. This is because we want our users to find the content they are searching for in topics. Placing a website in a topic based solely on PageRank is nothing but an attempt to spam the search engines for a higher ranking.
I want my listing moved because spiders do not index the topic where my site is listed.
- We use Google, YAHOO, and BING sitemaps to notify these search engines of new content. Even if it appears the page is not crawled, chances are it is. Sometimes it just takes time.
Why is my website not appearing in the search engines?
- We have no control over what the search engines decide to index. If you are concerned about your website not appearing in one of the major search engines you should contact them directly.
Can I have a keyword rich title?
- We must use the proper title of your website. If the title is too long or spammy, we will use your domain name as the title. Just imagine if you surfed our Real Estate topic and every single title was called Real Estate. How would that benefit our users? Keyword stuffing in titles is spam.
Can I suggest a new topic in GoGuides?
- Absolutely. Simply send your request by email to Team Support.
Can a nonprofit website receive a free listing?
- Yes, if the website is truly nonprofit send the request to Team Support. We will add it free of charge. Inclusion time will vary depending on our current workload. You must note in the subject of the email requesting inclusion of nonprofit website.